Technology is becoming more and more popular in today’s fast-paced world. And ultimately, all businesses have the same goal: to be the best and perform optimally. All they want is to provide the best employee and customer experience, as well as provide better products and services. They also want to manage their spending by working efficiently, making confident decisions, keeping innovative and running everything smoothly. But have you ever wondered how these needs can be accomplished? If you’re curious to know about the answer, keep reading the blog until the end.
Mill Products Industry
Today, resiliency and sustainability are crucial to success in the mill products industry. And metals, pulp & paper, packaging and textile manufacturers are under extreme pressure to adapt to the current trends. Overcapacity in production, high energy prices, commodity price volatility and regulatory constraints are all factors to be considered for transforming into an intelligent ERP. That’s why SAP has released a comprehensive solution called as “RISE with SAP”, which provides a complete transformation from your existing system into an intelligent enterprise on your own terms and conditions.
The digitization of mill products is focused on the prime objectives mentioned below:
- Assisting with value-added services and innovative business models
- Creating a responsible and long-term environment
- Developing a Customer-Centric Approach
- Enhancing business models and providing value-added services
- Enterprise connectivity and automation
- Operation of innovative industries and digital networks
With RISE with SAP framework, it enables new sales models, omnichannel engagement, profit-focused supply chains, and optimized plant operations.
Let’s begin with the challenges faced by the mill product industry before undergoing digital transformation!
Challenges faced before transformation
Mill Product Industries face numerous challenges that limit their ability to fully realise the value of the Intelligent Enterprise. Few of the challenges faced by them are:
- Lack of effective planning and prediction of complex production difficulties.
- Operating difficulties for the industry include rising operational expenses, industry consolidation, and competition from emerging specialised competitors.
- From pulp & paper to building products, textiles, metals, plastics, cement and concrete, and mining – are under rising competitive pressure, with profit margins shrinking and regulatory companies shifting.
Is your Mill Products company prepared to use the correct technologies to power smart factories and enable a smart enterprise? If your answer is “NO” then “Digital Transformation” is the key to achieve this goal. Now, let’s look at how S/4HANA, an intelligent ERP system can be used to overcome the above-mentioned challenges.
Why “RISE with SAP” ?
Every enterprise must create new business models to avoid disruption, gain efficiencies to fund innovation, and transform mission-critical systems without putting the company at risk. Generally, organizations start digital transformations for three main reasons: Changing End-Customer Behaviour, Automated Intelligent Supply Chain and Digitalization of Construction. Thus, RISE with SAP supports mill products business and digital transformation ambitions to unlock two sources of value:
- Enable value creation with differentiating business capabilities — Industry best and next practises for improving employee engagement, generating new revenue streams and maximising existing ones, increasing asset efficiency, increasing productivity and ensuring long-term viability.
- Mitigate risk, reduce cost and accelerate time to value with cloud delivery capabilities — Capabilities that improve transformation readiness, simplified consumption, increase operational resilience and lower overall TCO helps business to move to next step.
You might be wondering how RISE with SAP will help you in your transformation journey? So, let’s have a look at the advantages gained as a result of after the digital transformation.
Benefits of using RISE with SAP
- Increase revenue by introducing new products and services.
- Increase efficiency and digitalization.
- Reduce environmental impact while increasing compliance.
- Enhance customer satisfaction and decision-making.
To conclude, SAP S/4HANA is one such solution that can offer the mill products industries an intelligent and industry-specific benefits through a digital core ERP system.
To know more about how SAP S/4HANA or about other solutions that can help enterprises in mill products industries, do get in touch with us!